A Disney Cruise Line vacation comes with many amenities already included! Here’s a list of some of those included options (this is NOT an exhaustive list):
1. Grand Entrance – Each family boarding a Disney Cruise Ship is announced in grand fashion in the lobby atrium as they board the ship.
2. Buffet – There is a buffet available on the main pool deck of each ship. This buffet is open for breakfast and lunch daily, and on select nights for a late night snack! Stop by whenever you want a bite!
3. Quick Service Food – There are several quick service food options on the main pool deck as well. Most of these entrees and snacks are included as well.
4. Drinks – There is a drink station near the buffet on the main pool deck (aft). This drink station has soft drinks, tap water, juice, hot chocolate, and more. These drinks are completely free! So head to the drink station any time you need to hydrate! There are small paper cups available at the drink station, but it’s a good idea to bring your own larger, insulated cup (Yeti, Tervis, etc.) so that you don’t have to go back to the drink station as often. There are smoothies, specialty drinks, specialty coffees, alcoholic beverages and bottled water available on the ship as well for additional $.
5. Family Table Service Dining – There are three main restaurants on board each ship that are included! Your travel party will be put on a rotational dining schedule, which will allow you to visit each of these restaurants for dinner while on board. One of the restaurants will also be open for breakfast and lunch. These locations are included! There are also adult only restaurants, Palo & Remy, which must be booked in advance for additional $.
6. Room Service – Disney Cruise Line has 24 hour room service (until midnight the morning of debarkation). All of the food from room service is free! However, your room service tips are not included (even if you pre-paid gratuities). So be prepared to tip when your room service is delivered. You can tip in cash or by charging your room.
7. Fitness Facility – In the spa is a fitness facility with cardio machines, weight machines, and fitness classes. These are included! There is also an option for a personal trainer which costs additional $. Spa services cost additional $ as well.
8. Sports Deck – On each ship is a sports area on the top deck. There are various courts and games to play. There is no cost to use the sports deck. There are also sports and golf simulator packages available for additional $.
9. Water Play – On board each ship are water slides, family pools, adult only quiet pools, whirlpools, and toddler splash zones.
10. Youth Clubs – There are amazing, age-specific kids clubs available on each ship. For ages 3-12 is the Oceaneer Club (children must be potty trained). For ages 11-14 is the tweens club, Edge. For ages 14-17 is the teens only club, Vibe. These clubs boast many fun, age-appropriate activities and space to hang out! There is also a nursery on board for children ages 6 months to 3 years old. The nursery is not included, there is an additional fee for nursery services. The nursery should be booked in advance, as space is limited.
11. Nightly Broadway-Style Shows – Each night there is an amazing, Broadway-style stage show available for the entire family to enjoy! These shows feature some of your favorite Disney characters.
12. Movies – On the pool deck is a large screen that will be playing Disney movies all day! There is also a movie theater on board. In the movie theater you can see Disney classics as well as select, first run Disney movies. Be aware that popcorn & snacks sold at the concession stand are not included.
13. Deck Parties – Check your cruise itinerary for specific deck parties that will be taking place during your cruise. Most cruises have a Sail Away Deck Party, and a Pirate Deck Party. There are also special holiday and event sailings that have additional parties and events.
14. On Board Activities – Check your Navigator app daily for information about various activities available on board. Many of these activities are included, so don’t miss out!
15. Adult-Only Nightlife – Each ship has an adult-only nightlife district that is available with no cover charge. There are dance clubs, sports bars, and lounges to enjoy. Drinks do cost additional $.
16. Fun at Castaway Cay – Select sailings will make a stop at Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay. While on Castaway Cay, you can enjoy many included options. Serenity Bay (the adult-only beach), the Family Beach (including a large water playground in the ocean, and a water slide), a Barbecue lunch buffet, and the Castaway Cay 5k (weather permitting, space is limited, sign up in advance on board the ship). There are lounge chairs, hammocks, and umbrellas at the beaches that are included as well. There are many add-on options for additional $, such as rentals (bikes, snorkel gear, tube floats, private cabanas), and other excursions.