What is the Walt Disney World MAGIC BAND?
You’ve probably seen friends post their Magic Band pictures on social media, and you’ve perhaps heard about some of the “magical” properties the Magic Band possesses. Well, her is the full list!
Guests who stay on Disney Property can choose to purchase a Magic Band through their My Disney Experience account once they have linked their resort reservation to the account. As long as it is more than 30 days prior to your check-in date, you can customize your Magic Band through your My Disney Experience account online. Here you will choose your Magic Band color, and the name printed on the inside of your Magic Band.
If you choose not to purchase a Magic Band, you can use a Magic Band from a previous trip, or you will receive a Key Card at the front desk upon check in that will act as your park ticket and room key.
Guests staying off property do have the option to purchase a Magic Band. Magic Bands can be purchased from the Disney Store online or on-site at Disney gift shops. These Magic Bands can also be linked to your My Disney Experience account online, which will allow you to link your park tickets and Fast Pass + selections to the Magic Band.
Here is a list of cool things your Magic Band does when you are staying on Disney Property:
- Room Key – you will scan your Magic Band for entry into your room.
- Dining Plan Payment – if you are on one of the Disney Dining Plans, you will scan your Magic Band to utilize your dining credits. Read more about the Dining Plan here.
- Memory Maker / Photo Pass – when you have a Disney Photo Pass Photographer take your picture, simply let them scan your Magic Band to link the pictures to your My Disney Experience account. Read more about Memory Maker here.
- Fast Pass + – Paper Fast Passes are a thing of the past at Walt Disney World. Now you get to choose 3 Fast Pass + selections per day, through your My Disney Experience account. Your Fast Passes are then redeemed by scanning your Magic Band at the entry for the Fast Pass line for the attraction you are Fast Passing. Read more about Fast Pass + here.
- Park Tickets – Your park tickets are now linked to your Magic Band. You will scan your Magic Band (as well as your finger print) for entry into the parks).
- Credit Card – With your Magic Band, you get the option to link your credit card to your resort reservation. When you do this, you also select a PIN, and you can then scan your Magic Band to charge souvenirs, food, and other purchases to your credit card.
- Disney Infinity Accessory – If you have the Disney Infinity game system, you can place your Magic Band on your playing pad to unlock secrets within the game!
- Bling Your Band – If you would like to add a little “bling” to your Magic Band, you can purchase accessories on Disney Property at most gift shops.
- Multiple Bands – You may have as many Magic Bands as you want linked to your My Disney Experience account. Just make sure all of your Magic Bands that you plan to use are linked under your name, and that they are listed as “active.” This is a fun way to accessorize your outfits while on a Disney Vacation! You can also purchase special Magic Bands with fun designs at the Disney Store online or at Disney gift shops on property.