Here are my top 10 picks for dining with pre-schoolers at Walt Disney World.
1. Chef Mickey’s – This character meal takes 1 Table Service credit per person on the Disney Dining Plan. You also have the option of paying out of pocket. Reservations for this location are available for Breakfast, Brunch, & Dinner. This buffet is located at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, just outside of Magic Kingdom. This meal features character interactions with Mickey and the gang!
2. Casey’s Corner (Magic Kingdom) – This is a great Quick Service location on Main Street USA to grab a hot dog an enjoy some tunes played on the piano.
3. Gaston’s Tavern (Magic Kingdom) – This Quick Service location in Fantasyland has two fan favorite options. The big cinnamon roll is definitely large enough to share. And LeFew’s Brew is a frozen apple juice drink with a hint of toasted marshmallow topped with passion fruit, mango foam. Yum!
4. Aloha Isle and Sunshine Terrace (Magic Kingdom) – these treat counters can both be found in Adventureland. Aloha Isle is the home of the Dole Whip, while the Citrus Swirl can be found at Sunshine Terrace. Both soft serve, frozen treats are sure to please! Get one (or two) of each to share with the crew!
5. Garden Grill (Epcot) – This great character meal takes 1 Table Service credit per person on the Disney Dining Plan. You also have the option of paying out of pocket. Reservations for this location are available for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner. The food is served family-style, and you definitely won’t leave hungry. This location features character interactions with Chip ‘n’ Dale and other friends.
6. Dinosaur Gertie’s Ice Cream (Hollywood Studios) – this soft serve ice cream stop is located next to Echo Lake, close to the Indiana Jones stunt show. Gertie’s is a walk-up counter-service location. It pays homage to Walt Disney’s inspiration and animation’s beginnings.
7. Sunset Ranch Market (Hollywood Studios) – This is a good pick for those with pre-schoolers, because it has a little bit of everything. This area is made up of five Quick Service restaurants in a common open-air area across from the Beauty & the Beast stage show.
8. Rainforest Cafe (Animal Kingdom & Disney Springs) – This restaurant is full of life and fun! With animatronic animals, periodic thunderstorms, and amazing food, this one is a winner.
9. T-Rex Restaurant (Disney Springs) – This restaurant brings dinosaurs back to life. This restaurant features animatronic dinosaurs and periodic meteor showers. So fun!
10. Goofy’s Candy Company (Disney Springs) – No trip to Walt Disney World would be complete without a visit to the candy store! Goofy’s Candy Company has treats beyond your wildest imagination. From pre-packaged goodies, to freshly made caramel apples, there is something here for everyone!