Universal’s VOLCANO BAY, is a water theme park like none other!
Here is a timeline with some tips to help you make the most of your time at Volcano Bay:
1A. Arrive Early ONSITE GUESTS – for guests staying at one of Universal’s onsite hotels (Endless Summer, Aventura, Cabana Bay, Sapphire Falls, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock Hotel, & Portofino Bay), you get early park admission 30 minutes prior to official park opening! Plan to get to the entrance 45 minutes before park opening for early park admission.
1B. Arrive Early OFF SITE GUESTS – for guests staying off site, get to the entrance of the park 1 hour prior to general admission. They will still let you into the park with the onsite guests, however, you will not be able to move into the park past a specific holding area. During that time, you can shop and enjoy the sites. You may also be able to go ahead and access lockers at the front of the park (if you can, then go ahead and do so, in order to save your park time for rides). When you do this, you will be ready to get right in as soon as the park opens for general admission, rather than having to wait at the entrance to scan your tickets, get your TapuTapu band, etc.
2. Have your room key & credit card handy – to enter the park for early park admission, you must present your room key to prove that you are staying onsite. You will also want to have your credit card handy for locker rental.
3. Locker Rental – for those with early park admission, go straight to the lockers at the back of the park and secure your locker for the day. For those with general admission, if you are in the holding area before general admission starts, if possible, go ahead and rent a locker at the front of the park. Have your credit card handy.
4. Claim Chairs – if your party is able to split up to let one secure the locker rental while the other claims chairs with towels, then do so to save time. Choose a central location for your group to come back to throughout the day where you would like to relax.
5. First Ride – your first ride of the day should be Krakatau Aqua Coaster. This ride will be busiest later in the day, so first thing in the morning will be your shortest wait for this ride. When the park first opens, Krakatau should be a RIDE NOW option, so take advantage of that asap!
6. Next Rides – once you have experienced Krakatau Aqua Coaster, you can move on to the other RIDE NOW attractions. The attractions that will be busiest as the day progresses are: Ko-okiri Body Plunge, Kala & Tai Nui Serpentine Body Slides, Honu ika Moana, and Ohya & Ohno Drop Slides.
7. TapuTapu – as the park begins to fill with guests, rides will switch from RIDE NOW to TIME TO RETURN. As soon as you notice that Krakatau Aqua Coaster has switched to TIME TO RETURN, use your TapuTapu band to save your place in line (if this is one you want to do again, if not chose another one of the busiest attractions listed in #6). You may save 1 place in line at a time with your TapuTapu band. This puts you into a virtual queue for the ride, so you can enjoy other attractions while you wait.
8. Continue RIDE NOW attractions – once you have saved your place in line using your TapuTapu band, continue riding as many of the RIDE NOW attractions that you can. Take advantage of the first few hours of the morning where many of the rides are RIDE NOW. Even if your TapuTapu alerts you that you can ride, keep riding the RIDE NOW attractions until you are done with those. Your TIME TO RETURN does not expire, so it will be there when you are ready.
9. TapuTapu – once you use your TapuTapu for your TIME TO RETURN, then use your TapuTapu to get into another virtual queue. This is a great way to revisit your favorites from the morning! You can always have 1 TIME TO RETURN on your TapuTapu, so use it!
10. Relax – once you have conquered the big rides with minimal wait time, it’s time to sit back and relax with a fruity drink! It’s also a good idea to eat an early lunch to beat the lunch rush.
11. Explore – now it’s time to explore the park, notice the details, and enjoy the wave pool and lazy river. Check out all of the cool, interactive things you can do with your TapuTapu band. And make sure that you are always waiting in a virtual queue with your TapuTapu band in order to maximize your time and fun!
12. Evenings at Volcano Bay – even though Volcano Bay is a water theme park, the fun doesn’t end when the sun goes down! The park is lit up beautifully in the evening, and you won’t want to miss it!
13. Call for Capacity Information – if you will not be arriving at Volcano Bay at park opening, it is important that you know that this park does reach capacity crowd levels during the summer. This means, you could be turned away, if you try to enter this park mid-morning. If you are planning to head toward Volcano Bay, it’s a good idea to check capacity first! You can call 407-817-8317 to check the current capacity status of Volcano Bay.