There is so much to do on Disney property that doesn’t even involve setting foot in a park! Here are some of my favorite free time suggestions for when you aren’t in the parks, but still want some Disney fun!
MONORAIL RESORT TOUR
Enjoy a special Disney Snack at each Monorail Resort!!!
1. Take bus from your Resort Hotel to Magic Kingdom Bus Stop front gate
2. Walk to Contemporary Resort or walk to Monorail (Resort Loop) *Explore Contemporary & Grab a Mickey Pretzel from the Pool Bar or a special treat from Contempo Café (4th floor)
3. Take Resort Monorail Loop to Polynesian Village Resort *Explore Polynesian Village Resort & Grab a Dole Whip from Pineapple Lanai
4. Take Resort Monorail Loop to Grand Floridian Resort *Explore Grand Floridian , and grab a specialty cupcake or Mickey Krispie Treat from Gasparilla Island Grill
5. Take Resort Monorail Loop to Transportation & Ticket Center (Parking Lot) *If you can time it right at night, sit on the right side so you can watch the Electrical Water Pageant while riding.
6. At Ticket & Transportation Center, switch Monorail Lines to Epcot Monorail Line *This gives you a chance to ride the monorail around Spaceship Earth & get a glimpse of Epcot
7. At Epcot get off Monorail & catch bus to Resort Hotel
8. Arrive at your Resort Hotel
Please, note: you CANNOT pool hop. Resort pools are reserved for guests of that resort ONLY.
There is NO SWIMMING at the fresh water beaches on Disney property. This is for your safety.
Feel free to explore any of the Disney properties during free time. Each Disney Resort is intricately themed and offers unique attractions. All you have to do is use the free Disney transportation (buses, ferries & monorail) to get from resort to resort. You may have to switch buses or other transportation in order to get from one resort to the other, but it’s fun to explore! (Please, note: you can NOT pool hop.)
There are Water Taxis and Ferries that take you to and from many points of interest on Disney property. Best of all, IT’S FREE! You can get a brochure of routes at any port. Most routes run every 15-30 minutes.
Check out the full list of water transportation available on Disney property.
CAMPFIRE SING ALONG & MOVIES UNDER THE STARS
Many of the resorts offer “Movies Under the Stars” nightly, and some of the resorts have a camp fire sing-along before the movie, complete with marshmallows for toasting!
PRO-TIP: At Disney’s Fort Wilderness Campgrounds, there is an added bonus to the Camp Fire Sing-Along: you get to meet Chip & Dale and play fun outdoor games with them!
Ask your resort front desk or concierge for times and movie schedule.
FANTASIA GARDENS & FAIRWAYS MINI GOLF (additional ticket purchase required)
This mini-golf course is located near Disney’s Swan & Dolphin Resort.
Two 18-hole mini golf courses.
WINTER SUMMERLAND MINI GOLF (additional ticket purchase required)
This mini-golf course is located next to Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park.
Two 18-hole mini golf courses.
There is so much to do at Disney Springs, Disney’s premier shopping, dining, and entertainment district!
Visit their website for up to date information and special events taking place during your trip.
World of Disney – The World’s Largest Disney Store
Lego Store – Kids can build and race Lego cars
Once Upon a Toy – Toy Store
Pin Trading Post
Goofy’s Candy Company or Disney’s Candy Cauldron – get special Disney candy & even create your own candy apple
Ghirardelli’s – Purchase fine chocolates & try the Coffee Bar (they give out FREE chocolate, just for stopping by)
Earl of Sandwich – Quick Service (One of my personal favorites, the Chocolate Brownie Crème Sandwich is incredible!)
…and so many more!!!
Splitsville Lanes (purchase required) – Luxury Bowling Lanes
AMC Movie Theater or Dine-In Movie Theater (additional ticket purchase required)
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (additional purchase required) – Located beside Once Upon a Toy
Carousel (additional ticket purchase required)
Small Children’s Train (additional ticket purchase required)
FREE Entertainment on the amphitheater stage outside of the Disney Store
Cirque du Soleil (additional ticket purchase required – Contact me for ticket information)
Characters In Flight (additional ticket purchase required) – Tethered Hot Air Balloon (check Groupon for discounts)
Fishing (additional ticket purchase required) – guided tours or dockside fishing
Boat Rental (additional purchase required)
ORLANDO PREMIUM OUTLETS
***There are two locations OFF PROPERTY: Vineland Avenue & International Drive
Disney Character Warehouse (Official Disney OUTLET STORE)
*This is the only Official Disney Store in Orlando off of Disney property.
*You can find last season’s park items and some current season items on sale.
*They have a large clearance section.